who even is this
Let’s do this in bullet points, because let’s face it, it’s easier.
- I’m a Aotearoa/New Zealand-based game developer and artist, specialising in UI/UX design, game design and game writing.
- I’ve worked in the industry for many years, in many different roles including:
- an EMEA Community Manager for Ubisoft Bluebyte
- a Senior UI Designer for PikPok
- a Lecturer (Bachelor of Creative Technologies) for Media Design School
- I currently run and creative direct my own games studio Starcolt, based in Wellington.
- I do casual academic, research and advocacy work into sex & romance in games outside my day work.
- I hate writing bibliographies.
awards & nominations
- New Zealand Games Festival – Excellence in Narrative nomination for Acrylic (2020)
- Develop Pacific – 30 Under 30 (2019)
- Stugan – Developer Residency in Sweden (2017)
- MCV Pacific Women in Games – Game Changers (2017)
- MCV Pacific – 30 Under 30 Honours List (2017)
- MCV Pacific Women in Games – Top 100 Most Influential (2016)
- MCV Pacific Women in Games – Woman of the Year Nominee (2016)
- Develop Online – 30 Under 30 Honours List (2016)
- MCV Pacific – 30 Under 30 Honours List (2015)
- MCV Pacific Women in Games – Top 75 Most Influential (2015)
- Develop Online – 30 Under 30 Honourable Mention (2014)
- Founder & Former Director – New Zealand Games Festival (formerly Play by Play)
- Former Vice-President & member of the Board of Directors – International Game Developers’ Association
- Former Executive Committee Member – Global Game Jam
- Co-Founder – IGDA NZ Chapter
- Founder – Nordrhein-Westfalen Game Developers
- Founder – Asylum Jam